Friday, January 28, 2011

BE YOURSELF!

Today's affirmation from A Year In The Now...


"You're blessed when you're content with just who you are – no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought." (Matthew 5:5 – The Message)
"For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things He planned for us long ago." (Ephesians 2:10 – NLT)


Today I will live in the now! I will live in the now because I know that God loves me just like I am, and has given me the permission to be myself. Because I am accepted in the Beloved, I can put away the childish things that I used to do to try to gain the approval of others, and can relax in my own skin.


Today I will officially retire from my need to please everyone, knowing that the effort that it requires is an exercise in futility. It can't be done, and it shouldn't be done. From now on, my number one priority will be to "have this testimony that I please God." God accepts me in the now, so I can accept myself in the now.


Today I will enter into rest concerning how people feel about me. I will not be fretful, touchy, or easily offended. I will reject the spirit of rejection, and will not allow my ego to be unnecessarily fragile. Today my attitude will make it virtually impossible for me to get my feelings hurt.


Today I will love myself, and not feel guilty about it. I will maintain humility, be a servant to others, and take up my cross – but if Jesus wants me to love my neighbor as I love myself, then I must learn to first love myself. I will be good to myself and treat myself well today.


Today I relinquish the need to emulate others, or to compete with them. I am unique. There is only one of me. God did not make a mistake in my creation. I don't have to be jealous, envious, intimidated or untrue to myself. The truth makes me free.


Today Jesus is my cornerstone. He alone is my rock – my pattern – my ideal – my hero. I am being conformed to His image, without sacrificing my originality.


Today I am prepared to introduce the world to the real me. I will celebrate the fact that I am the workmanship of God today, and today I will live in the now!








Father, help me to be myself today. In Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments: